This on-demand class uses an enrollment key to access the class. Please
register for the class at NNLM.gov to get the enrollment key.
Good data collection tools follow three key principles. They aim to decrease perceived risk, increase perceived benefit, and decrease cost to respondents. This class shows you how to apply these principles in developing questionnaires and interviews. You also will learn that clear evaluation questions are the foundation of evaluation method design. They lay the groundwork for creating tools that collect the information you can use to develop, conduct, assess, and demonstrate the value of your projects.
Participants will learn how to:
- Design data collection methods to match their program plans
- Develop quality items for questionnaires
- Questionnaire distribution methods to increase response rates
- Develop interview question guides
- Conduct interviews that will elicit useful information
- Mix qualitative and quantitative methods in program evaluation
- Teacher: June Lee